We offer Top Quality Catering facilities for all manner of events
We have been catering in marquees, village halls, and private houses for over 25 years. Our team comprises people who we know well and trust. Helen Golland is a brilliant Cake Maker (wedding cakes particularly) and also a wonderful organiser of marquee service kitchens wherever they might be! She is backed up by Kim David (Mark & Annie Davidís daughter-in-law) who likes to get away from her growing family occasionally! Simon Golland (Helenís husband) runs the wine and drinks service out front with one or more of their daughters.
We use a growing band of students from local families who have been chosen by Julie Benee who works with us at The Cooking Experience on a regular basis and rounds up her family and friends when required.
So our catering team is truly family and they all know how to smile and work tirelessly. They also know that we require them to look good in front of the public, so no trainers or odd colours. Mark and Annie can guarantee that they will both be in charge of all the functions on the day and will not double up with any other event. You can be sure of our fullest attention for your special day.
We offer a full and comprehensive service to ensure that you do not have to worry more than is necessary. Here are the services we provide:
- • Weddings. Up to 150 for formal sit-down meals, 200 for canape receptions.
- • Landmark Lunch and Dinner Parties. Up to 20 at our own premises, or in your own home.
- • Marquees. Our chosen provider is Suffolk Marquees, owned and run by Ian and Michelle who will plan your exact requirements with you on a site visit, and liaise with us both on and off site.
- • Crockery and Cutlery provision. Hired locally from our reliable Dedham supplier along with glasses, linen and any cooking/food heating equipment required. All china, cutlery and glassware is returned to the hirer for them to wash and sanitise, so it arrives at the next function in top condition. China is plain white with a border, the cutlery heavy stainless steel (not cheap canteen stuff!).
- • Linen. We hire from the crockery hire people to your requirements, including linen napkins. We can also source coloured linen if required.
- • Wine. We are happy to let you supply the wine. We do not charge corkage, we simply ask you to ensure it is delivered to the right place. We do the rest and charge you for our professional services, and the staff engaged to prepare and serve it, including cooling down. We also supply ice and use our fridge trailer as required.
- • Refridgeration. We comply fully with local authority regulations regarding food safety and always use a mobile or static unit on site. We are licensed with Babergh District Council to undertake catering events.
- • We suggest to all clients that they take out some sort of insurance policy to cover the unlikely scenario of cancellation. Having said that we are insured for Public Liability.
- • Menus; We like to tailor the food to what you want, anything from a Hot Meal served to a Cold Buffet to a Canape Reception. Everything we cook is proper food prepared by us and we use top quality local ingredients as much as possible. We will also be honest if what you want is not something we can undertake!
- • Rubbish Disposal. We undertake to remove all waste generated by us. This is included in the price. We can also remove your empty drink bottles and cardboard boxes they came in. We charge extra for this service.
- • Venues. Our favourite Wedding Venue is Priory Hall, Benton Street, Hadleigh, Suffolk. The setting is unbeatable, the summer marquee overlooks a breathtaking sweeping lawn, the gardens are immaculate and open to you to walk around, and you can have your civil ceremony in the medieval setting of the stunning Tudor house. The owners, Cyndy and Anthony Hilton are justifiably proud of their home and offer a top class venue for a reasonable price, contact us for their details. We also know of and recommend other venues in the area. NB!!!!!! Kersey Mill is now up and running again under new management. It is a fabulous venue just outside Hadleigh on the Bildeston Road with space for a large marquee and with a fully equipped indoor function room.
- • Mobile Cash Bars. Steve Laing from The Queens Head at Layham nearby offers a reliable, well-stocked cash bar for the post wedding bash if you require it, contact us for their details.
How about a Tower of Cheeses as a Wedding Cake. The base can be a half stilton, the next layer a fabulous cheddar topped with small wheels of Brie.
If you want to go traditional, Helen Golland, our catering associate, will construct the Cake Of Your Dreams to your specification.
Prices depend on what your particular requirements are, location and access to the site. Please enquire by email or telephone, we will then do a proper quote, and if you are interested, we can arrange a site visit to discuss further.
Initially please contact Annie David on 01473 827568 or email email@example.com