(serves about 8/10)
- 2 whole pork tenderloins, trimmed of gristle. Net weight about 1.5 kilos, sliced into rounds about 2 cm thick.
- 1 dessert spoon dried oregano
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 125 grams mixed exotic mushrooms (or use sliced button mushrooms, or 2oz rehydrated dried morels)
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons madeira, sherry will do.
- 2 tablespoons white wine
Season and rub the oregano onto the pork pieces and season well. Seal the meat in a frying pan with a little butter in batches. Return the pan to the heat, add a little more butter, add the mushrooms, cook for 1 min. Add the madeira and white wine, reduce for 1 min, add the crème fraiche, reduce again for 1 min. Add the pork nuggets to the pan and simmer for 1 minute then serve.
Any leftovers will freeze perfectly so just portion it out into some tupperware and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.